who here enjoy a good fresh muffin for breakfast? personally i do, and even more so when they come out the oven and eat them while they’re still hot… scrumptious
Generally when i wake up with a craving i got to satisfy it, if not i’ll go grumpy the whole day ! That morning i got up and looked into my fridge and i had some left over blueberries from the smoothie made the day before… it took only a second to work out how they were going to be used has i always had lemons i thought about combining the two and creating something fresh
And here they were… ready in 30 minutes can you believe it. so here it is my recipe for these very simple breakfast muffins
you will need:
- 1 egg
- 175 g of sugar
- 50 ml of oil
- 275 ml of milk
- grated lemon
- 2 Tbsp of the juice of a lemon
- 300 g of flour
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- around 275 g of fresh blueberries
the reason why it’s simple…
- Preheat your oven at 180 dc while mixing you ingredients
- Combine your flour,baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together in a separate bowl. leave it on the side.
- Now take all the other ingredients and mix them together, egg, sugar, oil, milk, lemon zest and juice
- ones all done, mix in 1/4 of the dry mixture and mix it into the wet mixture adding progressively all of it. ones done add your fresh blueberries and mix it thoroughly.
- In a muffin pan put your muffin cases and with the help of two spoons, this will help for a no mess operation i find a table spoon to pick up the mixture and a tea spoon to slide it of the other is the best,fill you cases just over 3/4 up. Put it in your oven for 30 minutes depending on your oven. for me it take less. one thing to know if they’re ready it’s the color that needs to be a nice golden brown and a bouncy top if still not sure at this point with a skewer put it in the center and if it comes back clean their all done !
Tadaaaaa!!! you’ve done it !
on these i like to make a little lemon drizzle:simply put icing sugar in a bowl and put some of that left over lemon just in it mix it till you get a nice pasty/runny icing pour over the muffin and wait for it to eat… that’s only if you can 🙂
next step share with dear friends and family… even better find your favorite spot in the house,sit and excite your test buds and feel proud because you just baked something delicious !
feel free to comment of this recipe and let me know how you get on 😉 happy bakers