So, here I was think, what to make for lunch… the cupboards were bare. I had a left over Stilton and broccoli. Then I thought “soup and rolls”… so i had to find a way to make quick and easy bread rolls. Then I came up with this… it is the best bread roll I’ve ever made, they’re so easy and ready in 30 minutes… they’re so scrumptious that every excuse is good to make a batch.
Will you need:
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp warm water or 340g
- ⅓ cup oil or 113g
- 2 Tbsp yeast
- ¼ cup sugar or 50g can be less
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 eggs
- 2½ of white bread flour and 1cup of whole-wheat flour or about 300g of white and 100g of whole wheat.
- Seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees gas mark 6
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a simple mixing bowl, combine water, oil, yeast, and sugar. Allow mixture to rest for 15 minutes in a draft free environment. With a dough hook or by hand, mix in salt and eggs and 2 of the cups flour until combined. Add remaining flour ½ cup or 68g at a time.
- Its time to add your seed mix if you are using it. Incorporate them into the dough until smooth.
- Shape dough into 12 balls for a medium to small roll or 6 for bigger ones and let it rest for 10 minutes on a baking sheet covered by parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes until tops are golden brown.
enjoy these any time, for breakfast with any spread or jam you like, as a hot dog roll for a quick lunch or as a simple soup roll.
Bon Appetit ! 😉